Terms of Service
Rules of Conduct
You agree that you may only use the Site for your own personal and non-commercial purposes. You also agree that you will not do or permit to be done through your account or log-in any of the following:
- violate or infringe the copyrights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any person;
- post or submit libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, harassing or otherwise actionable or objectionable material;
- post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters;
- use automated scripts, spiders, bots or similar means to harvest or collect member information or other information from the Site; however, you may capture contact data and other information where the Site expressly permits, encourages or requires it;
- use the Site in a manner that could damage, disable or overburden the Site or violate the law;
- provide inaccurate or misleading information when registering as a member;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- upload or transmit software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other computer code or files designed to disable, destroy or interfere with any software or equipment.
You acknowledge that brainVentures Network and its licensors own all rights, title and interest in all content on the Site, including but not limited to the Site’s design, text, graphics and files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Content”), and you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, frame, republish, display, post, transmit, or sell the Content, except as may be expressly permitted by brainVentures Network. You may download and print reasonable portions of the Content, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you leave intact all copyright notices and identifying information appearing on the original. You may not republish Site Content on any other website or business network or incorporate the information into any database or compilation. Any use of the Content not authorized by brainVentures Network is prohibited.
All trademarks, logos, trade dress and service marks on Site are trademarks of brainVentures Network or its licensors and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without written permission.
It is brainVentures Network’s policy to respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement, and to remove, or disable access to, infringing material. If you believe that any of the Content or materials appearing on this Site contains infringing materials or infringing property, please send a notice to us at help at sm00sh.
Your notice should contain the following: a physical or electronic signature of a person (i.e., claimant) authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed; identification of the content or material claimed to be infringing; a reference or link to the infringing material or activity, or the subject of the infringing activity, including information to enable us to locate that material or reference; the address, telephone number or email address of the claimant; a statement that the claimant has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement that the information in the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the claimant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Links and References
This Site may contains links to websites operated by unrelated parties. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only.
Please note also that URLs submitted to sm00sh for the purpose of hiding their true destination may be removed at brainVentures Network discretion, upon request, or upon brainVentures Network own initiative. This is a URL shortener, not an obfuscation service. URLs that redirect to other known redirectors will be rejected or removed. Affiliate marketing URLs will be removed as detected and the master site blacklisted.
If you're trying to hide behind our redirector, you're not welcome here. You may report phishing scams and worms here, however, it is important to note that sm00sh DOES NOT HOST ANYTHING. Reporting phishing scams to brainVentures Network does nothing to make the actual hosted web site be removed. So brainVentures Network should be the last resort when reporting abuse, which is properly reported to those who are actually hosting the page/site you're reporting.
brainVentures Network does not control these sites and is not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of these links does not imply any association with these sites or any endorsement or approval of the services, merchandise, materials or contents available from or on these sites. Neverthless, destination URLs are checked by sm00sh against blacklists on creation but brainVentures Network cannot guarantee that those URLs contents are not changed afterwards. If you find something objectionable, please, contact brainVentures Network.
This Site may also contain descriptions of or references to products, services, and firms. These references do not imply our endorsement of those products, services or entities. Under no circumstances shall any of our providers be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on or exposure to information obtained from or contained on the Site. Rather, you are responsible to evaluate the information, advice, and other content available through the Site, and any products, services or firms referenced here.
brainVentures Network is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Site regardless of the cause or source, or for the conduct, online or offline, of any member or other user of the Site. Without limiting the above, brainVentures Network assumes no responsibility for:
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, communications failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member postings or communications;
- the accuracy, integrity, completeness, or quality of any information, outputs or Content available from or through the Site; rather, responsibility for verification resides with the user of the information, output or Content.
- problems with telephone lines, computer systems, third party providers, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website;
- injury or damage to users’, members’ or other persons’ computers or networks resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Site;
Under no circumstances will brainVentures Network be responsible for any loss or damage incurred or resulting from anyone’s use, including your use, of the Site, any Content posted on the Site or communicated to members, or any interactions between users of the Site, online or offline. THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND brainVentures Network DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some states limit or prohibit the disclaimers of warranties in certain cases, so this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL brainVentures Network BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND LOST DATA), OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OR (I) 00 OR (II) THE MEMBERSHIP FEES PAID BY YOU TO brainVentures Network, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND EVEN IF brainVentures Network WAS AWARE THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OCCUR. Some states limit or prohibit the limitation of liability in certain cases, so this limitation may not apply to you.
Governing Law and Venue
If there is any dispute about or involving the Site, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of Portugal, as they apply to residents situated within its borders. You also agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the country, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction or that the forum is not convenient, except that brainVentures Network may bring suit against you in any court that has jurisdiction over your person or property. Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred.